Welcome back to the Middle and High School (tweens, teens & moms) Creative Writing LinkUp! Well last week was not a stellar week here at Live and Learn Farm… I didn’t get a single post up from the Corlew boys. The sad thing is they are all written, they just need editing (mom) and I didn’t do it. So, I’m being real here… sometimes it is mom that slows progress down and not the homeschooled children. Can you relate?
We are so excited to have this linkup for our children to have a creative writing outlet! And, of course, it is a place for us moms to sometimes share middle school and high school homeschool articles we write. We have had some extremely successful writing prompts and some that have been more challenging! As we move are about to move into our third month, I am so encouraged seeing how my own children’s writing is progressing! I hope you are seeing the same thing!
The co-hosts for this middle and high school linkup are:
Amy at Homeschool Encouragement
Clara at Clara’s Blue Moon (teen co-host)
DaLynn at Holy Splendor
Jennifer at Royal Little Lambs
Laura at Day by Day in Our World
Trish at Live and Learn Farm
Wendy at Homeschooling Blessings
guidelines for the linkup:
- The link-up will be open Monday through Friday.
- Please link directly to the url of your post (permalink).
- Please check back and visit at least one of student’s submissions and leave a comment for them. Our job is to encourage writing, their Mom (or Dad) will take care of the critique
- If you don’t mind, please place the button and code in your blog post so others can find out about the linkup also!
- That’s it!
and now it’s time for the link up!
Please be sure to check out their articles and leave encouraging words for them! If you are interested in joining us, linkup your article below. If you want to co-host, email me and let me know. Our focus for the co-hosting is for only moms of the teens, or the teens themselves to co-host.
This week’s topic is “What could you invent to make life better?“ Get creative… identify a problem, a gap, and describe an invention that could/would solve it.
For next week’s topic, let’s try something new. Here is a website with writing prompts for March. Pick one and write about it. We have some students that have just not been inspired by the writing prompts of late… so maybe opening it up to a list to choose from will motivate the creative juices to flow!
You may also like -
Latest posts by Trish Corlew (see all)
- 10 Fun and Educational Preschool Board Games - April 25, 2015
- March Menu Plan for Busy Homeschool Moms - March 10, 2015
- Middle and High School August LinkUp #24 - August 5, 2014
- Modeling Life-Long Learning - June 23, 2014
- The New Chapter – Day 1 with Free Printable - June 20, 2014
I will definitely need to check this out. Always up to try something new and free is also great.
Domestic Imp says
Thanks for the link up! As a Mom to one highschool teen, and other younger kids, I’ll be checking some links out!
Found you via BYB
This is a great idea. I told my daughter she should check it out for next time.
I’m stopping by from BYB.
Theres Just One Mommy says
There are so many link ups for the little ones — love that you have a link up for tweens/teens!
Stopping in from BYB.