I started the Trim Healthy Mama way of eating a few weeks ago and have already lost about 6 pounds. I have not done it perfectly… but I have found one of the most amazing aspects of this diet. I rarely have left-overs. Why is that important? Well, I have three boys (two teenagers and a tween) and a hubby who all love my cooking. So, I was worried that I would have to cook two different meals each night!
That is SO not the case! Honestly, they love the meals as much as I do. I still cook them carbs and they can have their sweet tea. But I can’t tell you how surprised I have been at how much they are loving these recipes! That helps me stay on plan! Such a blessing.
This recipe is another one that they loved. They gave it a 9.5 on a 10 point scale! So, I wanted to share the recipe with you! I modified it in several places, but this is inspired by the THM New Cookbook.
What You Need:
- 1 2lb shredded chicken
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp Braggs Amino
- 1/4 cup of low sodium Soy Sauce
- 1-2 tsp rice vinegar
- Mineral Salt
- Black Pepper
- Red Pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 2 tsps Sesame Seed oil
- Cook the chicken until done and remove from pan.
- Add onions and garlic to the pan and saute in Sesame Seed Oil until nearly cooked through.
- Combine the Braggs amino acids, Soy Sauce, rice vinegar, chicken broth and Ginger and add to the skillet
- Add red pepper flakes to taste.
- Immediately add the Cabbage and Carrots to the skillet – half at a time.
- Continue to cook about 15 minutes, then mix in cooked chicken.
- Allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Now the downside to the family loving THM recipes is… I have none leftover for lunch the next day! But what a blessing to have this worry!!
Looks yummy! Making egg rolls are messy business anyhow, great idea to throw it in a bowl! I’ve done the ‘bowl’ idea with sushi as well. BTW what were your plans for homeschool for this year? I always enjoy reading your posts…tho I’ve never commented.